But first of all, what exactly is hybrid mail? It’s an online print and mailing system which prints and mails documents remotely from a secure off-site location. This is far more cost-effective than having your staff print documents individually from separate printers on every desk. Hybrid mail also takes away the time-consuming and costly admin tasks of printing, folding, enclosing and posting.
Here’s how it works
Once you have compiled your documents and they are ready to be printed, simply select the hybrid mail print driver on your PC to print your documents at the secure location – the provider then takes care of the rest. Your documents will be digitally printed, folded, put into envelopes and posted by the provider.
You can print and mail out anything from a one-off letter to a mail merge of thousands of items. All you need to do is install a printer driver on each computer and this then connects to the remote server at the provider’s location. You can log in to see all of the documents that have been sent to print and check where they are in the system.
In short, there are a whole range of benefits to using hybrid mail – both for your business and the environment. You can:
- Save up to 60% on the overall price of sending a letter
- Create your letterhead electronically – saving money on pre-printed stationery
- Use the system any time, day or night
- Take advantage of late posting – you usually have until 3pm for next day delivery, or 6pm for two day delivery
- Avoid franking machine costs and hire
- Save your staff wasting time on trips to the local post office after missing the postman
- No more running out of envelopes or headed paper
- Increase brand consistency and control by using a letter template with the correct layout, logo and fonts every single time you mail anything out
- Use mail merge for larger volume mailings. Simply write your letter, attach your mailing list and everything will be handled for you – merging, printing, fulfilment and postage
- Take advantage of high quality print production by state-of-the-art printers
- Have access to advanced functionality including document recall, electronic archiving and detailed billing
- Update mailing lists more efficiently using the built-in returns facility which many hybrid mail companies provide
- Improve address accuracy via postal address validation which again cuts costs
- Reduce your carbon footprint by up to 80% as your postal suppliers no longer have to collect physical mail items and deliver them around the country
- Print on 100% recycled paper
- Printing on both sides can reduce your impact on the environment even further
FCS Laser Mail offers an innovative hybrid mail solution called OfficePost which does all of this and much more. For full details and a free demo call us now on (0121) 306 4300.